By Susan Saraf

By Susan Saraf

Friday, May 2, 2014

Touch it, feel better

*Dear Mom, 

This you might like: Patience Pays by Yogi Bahjan, but I doubt the rest of the post will appeal to you. Please stop here. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's hard rap music- guaranteed to make you sick. Click away. Befriend your soul. I don't want beef.  Love you, xo, Susan


I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted?! That went fast. For me.

It has been a stressful week. Whoever said raising boys was drama free? They never met the kids in RVC. That's said as if I'm rapping...why?

Driving down commercial strip mall f'nasty Hemptead Turnpike in Hemptead, NY (the "s" is missing on purpose. Yes, it is, y'heard?) Here's what exploded over my speakers and made my week. I was coming back from dropping Hank at his Spanish Immersion toddler program, about to pop on my Yogi Bahjan, Patience Pays, when suddenly I heard "Turn it up." The voice, deep and sexy, was so authoritative I stopped on 105.1 FM and did just that. My head started shaking to the beats. My brain latched onto something other than trying to perceive my son's agony.

Thank you Busta. Or, Mr. Rhymes. You have nothing but my respect. I like the additional rappers on remix III too.  Agro MC's + artistry = turn it up.

Once home, I youtube'd -loved the video...Touch IT ReMIX,  felt better.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDtn_FtU614- watch this. Those cheerleaders in the opening? I could watch them all day. Awl day. "Get low ladies."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqTrnyUqTs - listen to this.  (*this is the version I heard on the radio however without the explicit lyrics- I'm not for them-they hurt- but...the beats! Nothin' but salve.)

That led to this link below...ahhhh Missy. She cracks me up.  Is it worth it? Yes. Felt better yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm28EEeyLek

Then that led to this link below.  After that...all was right in the world again. Rap: Who can say boys aren't worth the drama? Never met this boys mama. Iggy Iggy Iggy scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsBirqxEjA- Fallon and Timberlake.

Hope you had a better time of it, no matter, this last one above will make you happy, I'm sure of it. :) xxoxoxoxoxoxo!


No comments: