By Susan Saraf

By Susan Saraf

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beginning

BEGINNING


SO. Yesterday, a friend convinced me to start a blog. Well, actually, a month ago a psychic told me I had “star power energy” (I have it on tape so I can prove it to myself as sure as Anthony Weiner sent pictures of his pecker). The Psychic, Robert Richard Wright, was pushing acting and writing. But I did the acting, that ship has sailed, I told him. I have three kids (youngest is 6 weeks old). I can’t be hauling my kitten in and out of the city, trying to get two lines on a commercial. I did that. I feel fulfilled in that way.  As for writing, I wrote a novel last year that went nowhere. He said, shaking his head, pulling another Tarot card, “Yeah, see, this card means Gift. So, you really need to look into this.”   His words haunt me. I dig obscurity. I love my minivan and all inclusive vacations. But ‘tis true I did battle for the limelight for nearly a decade and did pretty well. So, it’s “in me”, so to speak.

Next, I sat down with a $5 palm reader at a crafts fair in Manhasset, NY to see what she had to say and in the first question she asked  if I knew I had a gift  (I did, psychic, Robert Richard Wright told me so last week, thanks) and secondly, what was I DOING with this gift?  Holy shit. Oh no! Not you too! The pressure. The pressure of a gift.

So. Here I am. It’s not a bad way to start. I kind of thought I’d be on the news talking about my gift, maybe hosting my own show on OWN with my new latest credentials. “Hey Ope (in my fantasy convo’s she’s Ope.) Hey Ope, not sure if you heard but two very reliable sources told me I had a gift. And you used to say so on your show all the time when you were talking directly to me, so, how’s about a headlining act? Also Ope, I got your email. Thanks.” Did y’all know that? If you send Oprah an email she writes you back. Does so. Whatever, she wrote me back. A secretary may have mass emailed you, but Oprah Winfrey wrote me and my gift back.

**warning! I’m about to make a hard right turn here. Brace yourself.

I want to wrap up with a little something to think on today, as I’ve been struggling with what exactly my “gift” is and then I’m always thinking of how to get out of some internal mess, as I’m sure we all are from time to time. Sometimes we want to stay in the confusion and the conundrum as long as possible because that is what we are comfortable with. “Better the devil you know, then the one you don’t”, as my mother would say.  I mean, what happens if I do recognize the truth? Where do I go from there?

All we can ever do is make a beginning.  The next steps unfold after that.  Inevitably, where it goes is up to God.  Replace fear with faith. 

I hope you’ll like my blog. I really want a Vlog – video, but…I’m not technologically there just yet. So, to the beginning…and truth…and Ope… and Weiner not sending anymore pictures of his weener. What’s with men sending pictures of their schlong’s out anyway? No one wants to see it, it’s gross. Put it away. Begin there.

Love, S
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/anthony-weiners-actual-penis-nsfw

4 comments:

lrsmer said...

<3

-----

Truly a gift! xo

Marie said...

Lovin' it!
xoxo

missmoffett said...

This is a gift! Keep at it Spunkerfly. Off to a terrific start!

Cara said...

Love it, want more! It's not like you have anything else to do with 3 kids, gees! Hahaha. You rock :)