By Susan Saraf

By Susan Saraf

Friday, January 18, 2013

Shades of Who Cares?

Song: Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

This post was supposed to be about how hard I've fallen for the color grey and how it has worked its way into every part of my house (and unfortunately my hair;( )but now I feel like...who cares? Who hasn't? So I wrote a long, have-to-say-kind-of-amazing-especially-now-that-it's-deleted-story about a hot bad romance. Deleted. Curtains.

Did I say curtains? I meant pillows.

I did make some cool grey pillows out of Danny's Ralph Lauren cashmere moth eaten sweater this week - I could not bare to throw out all that good cabled cashmere.  Do you remember that post from way back about repurposing your stuff? Well, I finally got around to making these. It was so easy! Especially since I had the tailor at my local dry cleaner do it.  I just asked and described. Only $25. each- we included a zipper- so I can use the green velvet again next Christmas or whenever.  But if you can sew...it'll only cost ya thread.

Came out pretty... pretty! Have a great week! LOVE, Susan
Two green pillows and one XL cashmere sweater with moth holes 

I used an old thick cotton sheet for backing
Had tailor at my dry cleaner make sweater into pillow covers-$25. each

Voila!





No comments: