By Susan Saraf

By Susan Saraf

Friday, September 6, 2013

5-ish things for today

Song: Bruises- Train w. Ashley Monroe- cute song this week. Video is corny but cool shots of Redrocks, Co- if you've never been...awesome

1. "I love deadlines.  I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams

2.   I am determined to have a first draft of The Bitchy Beach Club by....Joone should be wrapped up by...

3.  Ariel Castro found dead- hung himself- I heard about the story but didn't follow it- first thought was that his name was something else then realized I was thinking of Fidel. Come here for all your hard news and current events folks- no, not really.  How things would have been different had he captured me at 21-"Where are my Marlborough Lights and um, (shaking the one in my hand) I could use another Amstel.  Make it quick and frosty. Btw. Your hair is gross. Thanks."  Woman found dead at 21.

4.  "What other people think of me is none of my business." - great mantra. Who should dictate your life? You or the person gossiping about you? Chances are you are imagining things anyway.  Don't let imaginings of what others thoughts are clog your brain.  Act from a place of peace, based on your values and the facts of the matter.  Nothing else.  I wonder if this could apply on a global scale. What is going on in Syria...

5.  Look in the mirror and say hello without wanting to fix anything.  Greet yourself like a friendly stranger.

6.  Call a friend and see if they need anything.  Say yes.  Don't call someone you know is on vacation, either.

7.  Have an awesome day, thank God you are alive! I thank God you're alive :D

No comments: